As an accredited university, Chancellor University holds both college-specific and program-specific accreditations. Accreditation is desirable as it speaks to the quality of the college or university, acknowledged by peer institutions. In choosing a university, parents and students should ensure their university of choice is regionally accredited.
Regional accreditation in higher education originated almost a century ago as an American process conferred by a nongovernmental agency. Becoming an accredited university provides quality assurance and ensures institutional program improvement. The agency's expert and trained peers have visited and reviewed Chancellor University. During the visit, Chancellor University is reviewed from a variety of facets, including: educational activities, administration, financial stability, admissions and student personnel services, resources, student academic achievement, organizational effectiveness, and relationships with outside constituencies.
Six regional agencies provide institutional accreditation on a geographical basis - Middle States, New England, North Central, Northwest, Southern, and Western. While independent of one another, the six regional associations cooperate extensively and recognize one another's accreditation.
The Higher Learning Commission and its predecessor have accredited Chancellor University continually since 1978, obtaining its most recent reaccreditation in 2011. Chancellor University holds a certificate of authorization from the Ohio Board of Regents and is licensed by the Ohio State Board of Career Colleges and Schools.
The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
HLC website: www.ncahlc.org
Authorized by the Ohio Board of Regents to award:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Arts
- Associate of Science and Associate of Arts Approved by the Ohio Board of Regents to
offer Distance Education Programs
The International Assembly
for Collegiate Business Education
P. O. Box 25217
Overland Park, KS 66225 (913) 631-3009 Fax: (913) 631-9154
Ohio Board of Career Colleges & Schools
35 East Gay Street, Suite 403 Columbus, OH 43215-3138 (614) 466-2752, 1 (877) 275-4219 Fax: (614) 466-2219 www.scr.ohio.gov
- American Association for Paralegal Educators (AAfPE)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- American Geophysical Union
- American Planning Association
- American Society for Public Administrators
- American Society for Training and Development (ASTD)
- Association for the Assessment of Learning in Higher Education (AALHE)
- Association for Experiential Education (AEE)
- Association of American University
- Cleveland Association of Paralegals (CAP)
- Cleveland Metro Bar Association (CMBA)
- Georgia Council of Teacher of Mathematics
- International Assembly of Business and
- International Assembly for Collegiate
Business Education (IACBE)
- International Society for Performance
- National Association for Developmental
- National Association of Financial Aid
- National Council of Teacher of Mathematics
- National Association of Legal Assistants
- National Federation of Legal Assistants
- National Ohio Council on Higher Education
- Ohio Association for College Admissions
- Ohio Association of Financial Aid
- Ohio Bar Association (OBAR)
- Society for Human Resource Management
Chancellor University recognizes that today's business managers must be entrepreneurial leaders of rapidly evolving, technologically competent enterprises in a global market. The ever-changing business environment demands management education that keeps pace with the challenges facing current and future business leaders. Responding to these demands for change, Chancellor University is committed to the development, maintenance, and delivery of cutting-edge curriculum.
At Chancellor, our programs build upon the already significant business experience and education that successful professionals have acquired in their careers and undergraduate studies. The flexibility of our graduate programs accommodates the needs of busy working professionals. Flexibility and service, combined with the quality of a rigorous, integrated, IACBE-accredited curriculum, make an accelerated Chancellor graduate business degree the best value around.